What is C# Programming Language?
C# (pronounced as “C Sharp”) is a simple, modern, object-oriented and type safe programming language. C# language has it’s roots from the family of C languages such as C, C++ and it is mostly similar to Java programming.
C# Programming language will allow developers to build a variety of secure and robust applications such as windows applications, web applications, database applications, etc. which will run on .NET Framework.
C# programming language has built on .NET Framework so to run the c# applications, we required to install a .NET Framework component on our machines.
.NET Framework is a development platform for building an apps for windows, web, azure, etc. by using programming languages such as C#, F# and Visual Basic. It consists of a two major components such as Common Language Runtime (CLR), it’s an execution engine that handles running apps and .NET Framework Class Library, which provides a library of tested and reusable code that developers can use it in their applications.
Overview of C#
- C# is an object oriented programming language and it supports the concepts of encapsulation, abstraction, polymorphism, etc.
- In c# all the variables, methods and application’s entry point are encapsulated within the class definitions.
- C# is developed specifically for .NET Framework and it enable programmers to migrate from C/C++ and Java easily.
- C# is fully Event-driven and visual programming language.
- Microsoft provided an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) tool called Visual Studio to implement c# programs easily.
Features of C#
C# contains various features that make it similar to other programming languages such as c c++ and java. There are some additional features in C# which make it differ from other languages.
- C# is modern programming language and it is very powerful, simple for building the applications
- C# is useful in developing windows, web and device applications.
- C# provides an automatic memory management by clearing unused objects
- C# is a type safe programming language and it make impossible to perform unchecked type casts.
- C# provides a structured and extensible approach for error detection and recovery.
- C# is a structure oriented programming language and the compilation, execution of c# applications are faster due to automatic scalability.
C# Hello World Program Example
Now replace your Program.cs file code like as shown below to display “Hello World” message.
static void Main(string args)
Console.WriteLine(“Press Enter Key to Exit.”);